I was so excited to be nominated by Cheryl for @Mummyof5miracle for Sunshine Blogger Awards. There are so many amazing bloggers, simply sharing their lives with each other in a virtual world. They so need recognition for what they do. I was given this award by Cheryl a fellow blogger from @mummyof5miracles who will be featuring on the blog very soon. So Thank You Cheryl from @Mummyof5miracle for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I can finally say I am award winning!
1.Who is your favourite Celebrity and why?
I am obsessed by languages! (I use it to refocus my brain when my thoughts are chaotic) For this reason would have to be one of my well known multilingual online celebs Benny Lewis, Lindsay Williams, Kris Broholm
2.If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Currently would say Iceland but many countries as it a great way to to learn a language. I’m heading to Bratislava soon so I’m learning Slovak which is bloody difficult.
3. What made you decide that you wanted to become a blogger?
I was asked by a few people to write a few guest blogs. From that I grew in confidence of my own abilities and that people actually wanted to read what I wrote.
My Muddly Mum blog is a place for me to explore my current mental health issues, rant as needed and also promote other awesome people who have found their mental health struggles have led them to try to make a difference for others.
4. Do you have any family traditions that you have passed on for your children?
As a German English family we celebrate St Martin’s Day, St Nicolas Day and open presents on New Years Eve
5. Which came first? The chicken or the egg?
The egg of course,..
6. How many children do you have and how many do you want?
I have three. Having just hit 40 and my youngest growing up I would love another but it would not be good for my currently fragile mental health. I have to visit my friends with babies instead.
7. If you could spread awareness of one topic that is close to your heart what would it be?
Mums can have mental health problems and still be bloody good mums. I get so cross when professionals assume just because I have mental health problems I am Mentally subnormal. I have achieved some amazing things in my well periods.
What did you want to be when you grew up?
As the eldest of five I had lots of experience of working with children so I wanted to work with children. I trained as a children’s nurse.
9. What is your favourite thing to cook?
My family’s favourite meal is Roast Chicken. I like the face it does us two meals too so reduces the workload. We also enjoy some more traditional German food,
10. If you could give just one piece of advice to somebody thinking of starting their own blog what would it be?
Be yourself, blog about what you are passionate about. It shines through.
Also get a proper website for yourself early on as updating from a free wp or blogger is a pain in the arse! (Yep I cheated there!)
I want to nominate Petit Dictionnaire @npklip
Bi-Polar Bunny @mixedupmummy28
1. If you could be the star of the show in any kid’s TV programme who would you be and why?
2. What is your favourite film of all time?
3. What is your favourite item of clothing and why?
4> What motivated you to start blogging?
5. What is your idea of a great night out?
6. How did you meet your partner?
7. What is your favourite language and why?
8. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
9. What gets you out of bed in a morning?
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
I’m super excited to read your responses.
Now choose yourself three more bloggers and set your own questions. On your marks, get set go!!!